Martha Speaks; Wagstaff Races; Missing Metal Mystery, The
MSPE 314 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Wagstaff Races; Missing Metal Mystery, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Wagstaff Races Ron Holsey Wagstaff City’s environmental club is having a “Go Green Go-Cart Race,” fueled by alternative energy. Using sun, wind, and pond scum, the gang gathers at the starting line. Who will win the trophy — and most importantly, how? Vocabulary (E) energy, solar, alternative, convert, generate (I) cart, (re)use, green, power, parts
The Missing Metal Mystery Ken Scarborough Who’s been stealing things from the local junkyard? When Detective TD announces the identity of his main suspect, everyone is shocked. Vocabulary (E) waste, pollut(e)(ing)(tion), landfill, biodegradable (I) aluminum, copper, metal(s), trophy, sleepwalking
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Wagstaff Races; Missing Metal Mystery, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 25, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56E4C1038F70411A98AFD9509A10C251.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Wagstaff Races; Missing Metal Mystery, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 25, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56E4C1038F70411A98AFD9509A10C251>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Wagstaff Races; Missing Metal Mystery, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56E4C1038F70411A98AFD9509A10C251