Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quack; One Duck Too Many
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast on DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Quack Quack; One Duck Too Many
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 36 (38B) QUACK QUACK IF ONE SMUG, POMPOUS, HILARIOUS DUCK NAMED QUACK IS GOOD, THEN TWO MUST BE BETTER. MEGAN MULLALLY GUEST-STARS AS QUACK (#2.)
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE HUNTING FOR INSECTS IN THE BACK YARD. NO PROBLEM – THERE ARE ALWAYS INSECTS AROUND. THEY FIND AND CAPTURE SOME VERY INTERESTING BUGS. SOME HAVE LONG LEGS, SOME HAVE SHORT LEGS. SOME HAVE A HUNDRED LEGS, SOME HAVE SIX. WHY IS EACH BUG THE WAY IT IS?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quack; One Duck Too Many,” 01/17/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56D456B67C804F97954B26D6DD4905F1.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quack; One Duck Too Many.” 01/17/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56D456B67C804F97954B26D6DD4905F1>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack Quack; One Duck Too Many. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56D456B67C804F97954B26D6DD4905F1