Antiques Roadshow; Relative Riches
Antiques Roadshow 1319 Relative Riches EE Master - Texted, Mixed, No CC First Air Date: 11/23/2009
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Relative Riches
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
This Roadshow special edition puts family folklore to the test. Did that refinished chair once seat royalty? Did a tall tale get passed down with a tall chest? "Relative Riches" demonstrates the proof is in the provenance. Highlights include a bow and quiver purported to have been made and signed by Chief Geronimo; a carved emerald and ruby ring that would benefit from a bill of sale; and a questionable 1815 Kentucky corner cupboard that might have more value as firewood than furniture.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Relative Riches,” 11/23/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 5, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_55F66902FE9E4C608157B98D14681A78.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Relative Riches.” 11/23/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 5, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_55F66902FE9E4C608157B98D14681A78>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Relative Riches. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_55F66902FE9E4C608157B98D14681A78