Antiques Roadshow; Los Angeles, Ca
Hour One ( 1 ) EE Master with Stereo Sound
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Los Angeles, Ca
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
303: In Los Angeles, California, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts find a wealth of interesting pottery, Arts and Crafts items, paintings, and silver. Host Chris Jussel welcomes viewers to one of his favorite places in the region, the Gamble House. Described as the masterpiece of the Arts and Crafts movement in America, the "Winter Cottage" of two heirs to the Proctor & Gamble fortune is the work of Greene & Greene, two of the greatest residential architects of the twentieth century. Among the fascinating items brought to the Los Angeles Convention Center for appraisal are a rare, clay piglet similar to pieces collected by the British royal family and a miniature portrait valued at $25,000 to $30,000.
304: Appraisers see World War II relics, art glass and movie/advertising memorabilia during the Los Angeles, California stop on the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW tour. In nearby Pasadena,California, Chris Jussel visits the magnificent Huntington Museum and Gardens. Created and built by Southern Pacific railroad man Henry E. Huntington, the museum and garden complex is also one of the greatest research libraries in the world with thousands of books collected from all over the globe. At the Los Angeles Convention Center, experts are thrilled to find a stunning silver and glass compote plate valued at $10,000 and a brewing company advertising print from 1901.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Los Angeles, Ca,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5566C1B1E83E4E7E8FC1954EEE50AF45.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Los Angeles, Ca.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5566C1B1E83E4E7E8FC1954EEE50AF45>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Los Angeles, Ca. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5566C1B1E83E4E7E8FC1954EEE50AF45