Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series I: The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast Feb. 18 and 25, 1988
Nicholas Quinn, a junior member of the Foreign Examinations Syndicate, is almost deaf. He can lip read, and at a party he "overhears" a conversation about one of the Syndicate's members accepting bribes. Within a few days Quinn is dead. Inspector Morse investigates, working with a flimsy set of clues, but discovers that Monica Height is lying about her whereabouts at the time of Quinn's death. She admits to having an affair with another board member. Morse wonders how many people are involved in the scam.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_55355C7688B4471E91524608AEA38BC6.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_55355C7688B4471E91524608AEA38BC6>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series I: The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_55355C7688B4471E91524608AEA38BC6