Simply Ming; Ginger/ Dried Cranberries
Ginger and Dried Cranberries with Andrea Immer Robinson Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Ginger/ Dried Cranberries
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Andrea Immer Robinson
Ginger and dried cranberries are two flavors that compliment each other well. Ming uses these East-West ingredients to add zest into the meals prepared this week. In the kitchen, Ming makes two easy “All-In-One” entrees. First up - Braised Ginger-Cranberry Duck "Cassoulet" made in a slow-cooker and then one of Ming's favorite dishes, a Cranberry-Turkey Fried Rice. To spice up the traditional chocolate chip cookie, Ming combines the two East-West ingredients to make Ginger-Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies! Guest chef and Master Sommelier Andrea Immer Robinson invites us to her Napa home where she uses Ming’s East-West ingredients to create Pork Tenderloin with Pinot Noir Reduction.
Braised Ginger-Cranberry Duck “Cassoulet”
Cranberry-Turkey Fried Rice
Ginger-Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Andrea Immer Robinson's Pork Tenderloin With Pinot Noir Reduction
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Ginger/ Dried Cranberries,” 03/01/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_54B8A7AA77674BBDAF4BD4BDC95D104D.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Ginger/ Dried Cranberries.” 03/01/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_54B8A7AA77674BBDAF4BD4BDC95D104D>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Ginger/ Dried Cranberries. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_54B8A7AA77674BBDAF4BD4BDC95D104D