Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Ruffman Breaks the Mold
DTO (download-to-own) Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Ruff Ruffman Breaks the Mold
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 It's the premiere of FETCH, Season 2! Ruff learns he has a new intern: Princess Blossom Pepper Doodle Von Yum Yum. One little detail... she's a CAT! If that isn't bad enough, he then accidentally sends a message to the press about his horrible mold problem, and now the health department is shutting down his show until further notice! Ruff immediately sends two FETCHers out to learn about germs (so he can sanitize his doghouse), and he sends two other kids to a chocolate factory to make candy (as a bribe for the health inspector). Will the new season be more than one episode long?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Ruffman Breaks the Mold,” 05/04/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5451C771F4EB4062BF5456B86D7E6383.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Ruffman Breaks the Mold.” 05/04/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5451C771F4EB4062BF5456B86D7E6383>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff Ruffman Breaks the Mold. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5451C771F4EB4062BF5456B86D7E6383