Peep And The Big Wide World; Who Stole the Big Wide World?; M-U-D Spells Trouble
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast on DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Who Stole the Big Wide World?; M-U-D Spells Trouble
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 34 (34B/35B) WHO STOLE THE BIG WIDE WORLD? WELL, WOULDN'T YOU ASK THAT QUESTION IF YOU WOKE UP AND THE WORLD WAS GRAY AND EVERYTHING IN IT WAS GONE?
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE AT THE PARK TODAY AND THEY HAVE A FUN IDEA. IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND YOUR WAY AROUND IF YOU CAN’T SEE? WHILE BLINDFOLDED, THEY WALK CAREFULLY AROUND THE PARK BY USING SOUND AND TOUCH TO GUIDE THEM.
M-U-D SPELLS TROUBLE MIX MUD AND SUN AND WHAT DO YOU GET? A STUCK ROBIN, THAT'S WHAT!
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE MAKING MUD AND FORMING IT INTO SHAPES. AN EAGLE, AND SOME MUD LOLLYPOPS. HOW ABOUT A MUD HAND PRINT? THEY LET THEIR MUD SHAPES DRY. THE NEXT DAY, ARE THE MUD SHAPES STILL THE SAME?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Who Stole the Big Wide World?; M-U-D Spells Trouble,” 11/25/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_542B4C5B8C214C8E90CFB67F263B4032.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Who Stole the Big Wide World?; M-U-D Spells Trouble.” 11/25/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_542B4C5B8C214C8E90CFB67F263B4032>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Who Stole the Big Wide World?; M-U-D Spells Trouble. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_542B4C5B8C214C8E90CFB67F263B4032