Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Guido Minaya
La Plaza WGBH Master Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Guido Minaya Program 2910 Length: 26:30 Closed Captioned 4/3/07
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Guido Minaya
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. Also broadcast as 213.
This is a special for Eye on Education week.
Guido Minaya is Vice President for Programs at the Hispanic Scholarship Fund. In this interview he describes the serious problem of Latinos and their lack of representation in higher education.
Minaya argues that although Latinos are making strides, they remain far behind other groups with respect to college graduation rates. He says the adequate education of Latinos—who now number more than 40 million in the US—is critical to the future US economy.
NOTE: The 2XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 29XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Guido Minaya,” 04/03/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5361D7785B914642A0078CC44A7ADAEB.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Guido Minaya.” 04/03/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5361D7785B914642A0078CC44A7ADAEB>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Guido Minaya. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5361D7785B914642A0078CC44A7ADAEB