Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: That Zulu You Do and The Big Five
South Africa: That Zulu You Do SD Base Revision
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- South Africa: That Zulu You Do and The Big Five
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Join Todd English as he goes on an African photo safari and meets the big five jungle animals face to face. Then Todd learns about the culture of the Zulu people and experiences a feast by torchlight in the outdoor Boma. After lunching with the local Inkosi, or Chief, and visiting a Zangoma fortuneteller, Todd travels back to Olives in Boston to recreate the inspirations of Africa.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: That Zulu You Do and The Big Five,” 05/20/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_533449BAB92B4AB2947229ADE195E9A7.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: That Zulu You Do and The Big Five.” 05/20/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_533449BAB92B4AB2947229ADE195E9A7>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; South Africa: That Zulu You Do and The Big Five. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_533449BAB92B4AB2947229ADE195E9A7