Arthur; Prunell The Packrat; What's In A Name
WGBH Master Prunella the Packrat, 185A What’s in a Name, 185B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prunell The Packrat; What's In A Name
- Program Number
1507; 185A; 185B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Prunella the Packrat, 185A Prunella saves everything – ticket stubs, quizzes from second grade, pencil stubs, broken shoe laces…you name it and it’s in her closet! Can Arthur help her break her packrat habits in time to put together the display for the school’s Earth Day fair? Or is Prunella doomed to drown in her clutter?
Educational objective: Prunella learns to recycle and reuse objects she no longer needs.
What’s in a Name, 185B Binky find out that his real name isn’t Binky, it’s… Shelley?!! He’s certain he will have to leave town – or at least school – having this silly name. Until his mom tells him the story of his ancestor, Shelley Barnes, the greatest circus owner of his time…
Educational objective: Binky learns to be proud of his real name after learning more about his ancestors.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Prunell The Packrat; What's In A Name,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_52B9CBF8387A48D68946B7382B88552B.
- MLA: “Arthur; Prunell The Packrat; What's In A Name.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_52B9CBF8387A48D68946B7382B88552B>.
- APA: Arthur; Prunell The Packrat; What's In A Name. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_52B9CBF8387A48D68946B7382B88552B