Arthur; Postcards From Buster, Part I; Postcards From Buster, Part II
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Postcards From Buster, Part I; Postcards From Buster, Part II
- Program Number
806; 112A; 113B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Part I: Buster's going to New York City to meet his dad Bo, and the Reads are coming with him! He's thrilled ... but won't his mom cry day and night, missing him? Luckily, Bitzi gives Buster a special present at the airport that will let him share his exciting trip with her -- a video camera!
Part II: In this special episode combining live-action and animation, the gang goes on a whirlwind tour of New York. As D.W. enjoys Central Park, a Broadway show, and daydreams of living in the glamorous Metropole Hotel, Bo leads Arthur and Buster on a journey through the neighborhoods of Chinatown, El Barrio, and ... wait, they're lost! Will they find their way? Will Buster ever get to take a bite out of the Big Apple? One thing's for sure -- he'll capture the adventure on his new video camera!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Postcards From Buster, Part I; Postcards From Buster, Part II,” 10/02/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_51D7A607692E420F999BDC7499CADBF4.
- MLA: “Arthur; Postcards From Buster, Part I; Postcards From Buster, Part II.” 10/02/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_51D7A607692E420F999BDC7499CADBF4>.
- APA: Arthur; Postcards From Buster, Part I; Postcards From Buster, Part II. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_51D7A607692E420F999BDC7499CADBF4