American Experience; Nixon; Bob Hope Christmas show [Part 1 of 2]
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
1. Girls in pink surround Hope in top hat. Big gesture. (13' SOF) 2. Ann-Margret in mini dress and white boots gyrating and singing. Rocking, sexy, noisy. Different songs (none complete). Men in audience, dancing, clapping. AM and Hope at microphone. (67' SOF) 3. Group on stage, Close shot of bare legs and miniskirts, moving. MP in foreground. Crutches. "I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad." (50' SOF) 4. Cutaways of laughing men. Big wide shot of audience. (10' SOF)
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Bob Hope Christmas show [Part 1 of 2]
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ann-Margret, 1941-
- Hope, Bob, 1903-2003
- Military bases, American
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Stand-up comedy
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- United Service Organizations (U.S.)
- Long Binh, Vietnam
- Ann-Margret, 1941- (Speaker)
- Hope, Bob, 1903-2003 (Speaker)
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Bob Hope Christmas show [Part 1 of 2],” 12/22/1968, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_517F24B0067F4C9A8A2377470F2058C9.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Bob Hope Christmas show [Part 1 of 2].” 12/22/1968. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_517F24B0067F4C9A8A2377470F2058C9>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Bob Hope Christmas show [Part 1 of 2]. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_517F24B0067F4C9A8A2377470F2058C9