Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Shellfish
Simply Ming Singapore - Samson Chan Shellfish
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Shellfish
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
921: SAMSON CHAN & SHELLFISH Location: Grand Atlantic Fishery and Barnacles restaurant, Singapore
On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming meets up with Chef Samson Chan, the mastermind behind one of Singapore’s favorite restaurants, Barnacles. Together they shop for some great living treasures from the South China Sea at Grand Atlantic Fishery. Bringing back the freshest seafood to Chef Samson’s restaurant for an afternoon of cooking on the fly, they’ll show us how easy it is too cook with the shell on!
Recipes: Samson Chan's Chili Crab Wok Stirred Clams with Papaya
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Shellfish,” 12/28/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_511E9D1CDA2045A0B56ED097B4A78A93.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Shellfish.” 12/28/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_511E9D1CDA2045A0B56ED097B4A78A93>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Shellfish. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_511E9D1CDA2045A0B56ED097B4A78A93