Teachers' Domain Professional Development; Elementary Physical Science (Merck Course)
Course: Elementary Physical Science Teachers: Linda Block, Heidi Fessenden, Jeffrey Teixeira Teacher: Linda Block Lesson Focus: electricity Contains existing footage: Two segments from INVESTIGATING CLASSROOMS: "Completing the Circuit" Segments: Group Inquiry (mck04_vid_blockgroup) 3:37 Assessing Prior Knowledge (mck04_vid_blockprior) 1:05 Teacher: Heidi Fessenden Lesson Focus: Exploring forces and motion through balls and ramps Segments: Comparing Results to Predictions (mck04_vid_ballcompare) 4:33 Setting Up a Fair Experiment (mck04_vid_ballfair) 3:31 Goals for Understanding (mck04_vid_ballgoals) 3:47 Making Observations (mck04_vid_ballobserve) 2:39 Making Predictions (mck04_vid_ballpredict) 2:23 Teacher: Jeffrey Teixeira Lesson Focus: electricity and magnetism Segments: Teaching Beyond the Textbook (mck04_vid_magbeyond) 6:04 The above segment contains existing footage from the Teachers’ Domain Physical Science Resource called "The Hoover Dam and Hydroelectric Power". The Content/Pedagogy Relationship (mck04_vid_magconped) 0:56 Group Inquiry (mck04_vid_maggroup) 1:29 Making Observations (mck04_vid_magobserve) 3:02 Making Predictions (mck04_vid_magpredict) 3:26 Questioning Strategies (mck04_vid_magquest) 3:26
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teachers' Domain Professional Development
- Elementary Physical Science (Merck Course)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Teaching Elementary Life Science is a graduate-level professional development course designed to enhance your understanding and teaching of life science. In eight sessions, you will investigate life science topics using hands-on activities and online resources including video segments, interactive activities, readings, and other multimedia materials. These resources are drawn from Teachers' Domain, WGBH's digital library service. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Teaching Elementary Physical Science is designed to increase educators' understanding and teaching of physical science. Participants explore physical science concepts of motion, force, and matter that are part of daily life and learn how to incorporate observation, discourse, and experimentation to increase understanding of physical science of students at the elementary level. Participants will investigate physical science topics using hands-on activities and online resources including video segments, interactive activities, readings, and other multimedia materials. These resources are drawn from Teachers' Domain, WGBH's digital library service.
Also used in Teachers' Domain in Action Promo: All of these assets have the teachers’ name “Jeff Teixeira” in the description field. order numbers: 552619 - 552633
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Teachers' Domain Professional Development; Elementary Physical Science (Merck Course),” 06/30/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_511E90BE15C644EFA5CCB8203CA828B6.
- MLA: “Teachers' Domain Professional Development; Elementary Physical Science (Merck Course).” 06/30/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_511E90BE15C644EFA5CCB8203CA828B6>.
- APA: Teachers' Domain Professional Development; Elementary Physical Science (Merck Course). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_511E90BE15C644EFA5CCB8203CA828B6