Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sam Quinones
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Sam Quinones Show #3102 Air Date: 1/13/09 WGBH Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Sam Quinones
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
For more than two decades, general assignment reporter for the Los Angeles Times Sam Quiñones has been exploring the complexities and contradictions of the immigration debate on both sides of the Mexican border. He is the author of True Tales from Another Mexico: The Lynch Mob, the Popsicle Kings, Chalino and the Bronx and Antonio’s Gun and Delfino’s Dream Quiñones draws on years of research to provide his own perspective on the mass movement of Mexicans into the United States.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 301
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sam Quinones,” 01/13/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 15, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_50F816CDE0CB422CA4855D4525317BD4.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sam Quinones.” 01/13/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 15, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_50F816CDE0CB422CA4855D4525317BD4>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Sam Quinones. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_50F816CDE0CB422CA4855D4525317BD4