Peep And The Big Wide World; Road Not Taken, The, Part 1 and 2
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT. Season V production; 400 series as broadcast on APT. APT: 402
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Road Not Taken, The, Part 1 and 2
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 5: APT: 402 EPISODE 60
THE ROAD NOT TAKEN PART 1 PEEP IS LATE ARRIVING AT CHIRP’S BUSH. TURNS OUT HE TOOK A VERY LONG ROUTE TO GET THERE. (THERE’S SO MUCH TO LOOK AT!) THE BIRDS USE YARN TO MARK THE SHORTEST PATH FROM PEEP’S CAN TO CHIRP’S BUSH.
THE ROAD NOT TAKEN PART 2 A PATH MADE OF YARN HAS A WAY OF DISAPPEARING, SO PEEP, CHIRP AND QUACK MAKE A NEW PATH USING OBJECTS FROM CHIRP’S COLLECTION. IT'S A PRETTY PATH, TOO, BECAUSE IT'S MADE IN A PATTERN. BUT IS STICKING TO A PATH ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Road Not Taken, The, Part 1 and 2,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_506270EC7FDB4A4B8DF9F391EB77C140.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Road Not Taken, The, Part 1 and 2.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_506270EC7FDB4A4B8DF9F391EB77C140>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Road Not Taken, The, Part 1 and 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_506270EC7FDB4A4B8DF9F391EB77C140