Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Fisticuffs
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Fisticuffs
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
This program opens with a minor fenderbender involving two women. One lets the other have it in the chops, then zips off in her red Alfa Romeo. The battered victim, Janet Fraser (Suzanne Maddock), asks Hetty to track down the attacker and demand an apology and compensation. Geoffrey's creative legwork takes him to a local garage, where he finds the red Alfa and the only witness, a marathoner who can't stand still. The perpetrator turns out to be Lillemor Pickering (Vivien Heilbron), wife of an influential business leader who just bought the city's soccer franchise. Hers is a sad story that threatens to spiral tragically out of control.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Fisticuffs,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F9FC14076CA43F0BD981CF13E8A0771.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Fisticuffs.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F9FC14076CA43F0BD981CF13E8A0771>.
- APA: Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series III: Fisticuffs. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F9FC14076CA43F0BD981CF13E8A0771