Martha Speaks; Skits on Ice; Martha’s Steamed
Martha Speaks MSPE 213 (dub) PBS
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Skits on Ice; Martha’s Steamed
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Skits on Ice
Skits is afraid of hockey pucks, but why? Helen tells the story of how puppy Skits chased a puck onto thin ice, and how quick thinking by Martha saved the day. Vocabulary
(E) risky, thaw, solid, freeze, frozen, defrost
(I) ice, cold, melt, puck, hockey, thin
When Helen and Martha discover a dog locked in a hot car on a sweltering summer's day, they snap into action. While they try to track down the owner, it becomes almost impossible for them to keep their cool. Vocabulary
(E) emergency, scorching, parched, sizzling, broiling
(I) panting, sweat, heat, thirsty, page
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Skits on Ice; Martha’s Steamed,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F9DF6F37F384A30B981717B85B844CC.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Skits on Ice; Martha’s Steamed.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F9DF6F37F384A30B981717B85B844CC>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Skits on Ice; Martha’s Steamed. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F9DF6F37F384A30B981717B85B844CC