Martha Speaks; Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird; Return to Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird
MSPE 313 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird; Return to Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird Ken Scarborough The gang is camping out. The tent is pitched, they’ve played a hundred hands of Go Fish, and they’ve even eaten all the s’mores — but they still aren’t tired. When TD suggests they tell science fiction stories, no one expects this story to end as it does: to be continued! Vocabulary (E) science fiction, data, unpredictable, forsee(able), unforeseen, feline(s) (I) gather(ing), mysterious, peculiar, vine
Return to Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird Joe Fallon A shadow on the outside of the tent inspires still more stories. With humans shrinking to the size of ants, and ants growing to the size of humans, everyone has something to contribute. Vocabulary (E) miniature(ize), enormous, magnify(ing), improbable, scientist (I) ray, puny, huge, giant, mini
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird; Return to Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F65DEC78DCB4613A01584E1EA10679A.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird; Return to Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F65DEC78DCB4613A01584E1EA10679A>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird; Return to Martha’s Slumber Party of the Weird. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F65DEC78DCB4613A01584E1EA10679A