Between the Lions; How To Be A Good Dog; Not Afraid Of Dogs
BETWEEN THE LIONS 704 How to Be a Good Dog and Not Afraid of Dogs Running Time: 28:46 WGBH, Sirius Thinking, MPB
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Between the Lions
- How To Be A Good Dog; Not Afraid Of Dogs
- Program Number
- Series Description
BETWEEN THE LIONS is designed to open up a world of literature and learning for 4-7 year-old children. The daily, half-hour series is named for a family of lions -- Theo and Cleo and their cubs, Lionel and Leona. They run a library where books, words, and story characters come vividly and magically to life, transforming the sometimes confusing process of learning to read into an entertaining adventure for young viewers. Each of BETWEEN THE LIONS' 30 episodes centers on a book or other reading material that the lions and their friends discover in the library. In addition to its lions family, BETWEEN THE LIONS features an eclectic cast of characters including Click the Mouse, the library's cyborg communications expert; Cliff Hanger, a swashbuckling comic book hero who escapes from sticky situations through quick thinking and literacy skills; Tiger Words, a multi-talented sports figure who plays with vowels and consonants instead of golf balls and tees; Martha Reads and the Vowelles, a rhythm and blues group that sings only vowel sounds, and the stalwart knights of "Gawain's World" whose jousting matches create words instead of wounds. At the core of each episode is a state-of the-art curriculum designed to teach reading skills. Several of the nation's leading experts on reading and literacy have worked with the producers to develop a viewing experience that not only will motivate kids to read and write, but give them the skills to do so. Series release date: 4/2000
- Program Description
Season 7: 2007 A cat tries to teach a dog to behave, and a boy learns that dogs aren't so scary after all.
Key word: good Word family: -ood, -ook Target sound: oo (as in "good") New vocabulary: commands, difficult, fabulous, fantastic, fetch, handy, heel, marvelous, practice, strict, splendid, swell, terrific
Featured vocabulary: afraid, brave, braver, bravest, petrified, scared, scary, terrified; locative words (above, below, far, inside, near, outside) New vocabulary: crinkled, elevator, snuggled, thunderstorm
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Stoia, Judy (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Between the Lions; How To Be A Good Dog; Not Afraid Of Dogs,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F43AC09EAC9479394604E3D6DD0925F.
- MLA: “Between the Lions; How To Be A Good Dog; Not Afraid Of Dogs.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F43AC09EAC9479394604E3D6DD0925F>.
- APA: Between the Lions; How To Be A Good Dog; Not Afraid Of Dogs. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F43AC09EAC9479394604E3D6DD0925F