Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: Woman of the Year
Hetty Wainthropp, Series II Episode 4: Women of the Year
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: Woman of the Year
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Hetty takes a tumble down the hall stairs as she rushes out to be honored as one of the "Midlands Women of the Year." The resulting bruise on her face turns out to be auspiciously timed: Detective Chief Inspector Adams (John Graham Davies) taps Hetty for an undercover assignment in a shelter for abused women. Adams and the shelter's head suspect an insider of leaking the shelter's secret location to an abusive husband who later confronts his estranged wife -- who runs into traffic in an effort to escape him and is killed instantly. Hetty's quest to find the leak opens her eyes to the terrifying realities of spousal abuse and results in a gripping conclusion as she leads the residents in defending their refuge when its security is breached by a motorcycle gang.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: Woman of the Year,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F19ACFF1164481DA32915AAA870C380.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: Woman of the Year.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F19ACFF1164481DA32915AAA870C380>.
- APA: Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series II: Woman of the Year. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4F19ACFF1164481DA32915AAA870C380