Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; You Can't Teach an Orange Dog New Tricks
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- You Can't Teach an Orange Dog New Tricks
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff’s cousin Bluff Ruffman is about to send a gaggle of mysterious animals to the doghouse. In a panic, Ruff sends Marco and Shreya to Disney’s Animal Kingdom to learn how to take care for animals. As a backup plan, Ruff wants to know how to make the animals disappear, and sends Rubye to Las Vegas to learn some magic from Penn and Teller.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; You Can't Teach an Orange Dog New Tricks,” 07/07/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 22, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4EF09D0A0F5A4EC9B480FB16B72ED032.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; You Can't Teach an Orange Dog New Tricks.” 07/07/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 22, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4EF09D0A0F5A4EC9B480FB16B72ED032>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; You Can't Teach an Orange Dog New Tricks. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4EF09D0A0F5A4EC9B480FB16B72ED032