La Plaza; Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Black & White French film by directosr Raoul Ruiz ( also spelled Raul Ruiz -- a Chilean exile living in Paris ) based on the writing of Pierre Klossowski. Two narrators, one seen and one unseen, discuss possible connections between a series of paintings and a hidden political crime and societal scandal. The on-screen narrator walks through three-dimensional reproductions of each painting, featuring real people, sometimes moving, in an effort to explain the series significance.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting,” 04/04/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4DD5027A30724353B2863E66987C291D.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting.” 04/04/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4DD5027A30724353B2863E66987C291D>.
- APA: La Plaza; Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4DD5027A30724353B2863E66987C291D