Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Ian Lai in Richmond, BC
Simply Ming Canada - On the Road in Canada: Ian Lai in Richmond, BC - SMMG1115 Output Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in Canada: Ian Lai in Richmond, BC
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Ian Lai
In this episode of Simply Ming, Chef Ming Tsai is on the road in Richmond, British Columbia. Joined by local chef Ian Lai, our team grabs some halibut, shrimp and salmon fresh off the boat at Fisherman’s Wharf, then heads out to Terra Nova Park to cook with some wonderful Canadian ingredients fresh from the Terra Nova community garden. Ian prepares a Pan Seared Halibut with Chickweed Sauce, Suateed Nettles and Sunchokes. Ming opts for a Korean Spiced Seared Salmon with Sauteed Shrimp, Corn and Herbs.
Recipes Korean Spiced Pan Seared Salmon with Shrimp, Corn and Herbs Pan Seared Halibut with Roasted Sunchokes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Ian Lai in Richmond, BC,” 11/18/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4D9CB709133E42849F21A2436A684CFB.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Ian Lai in Richmond, BC.” 11/18/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4D9CB709133E42849F21A2436A684CFB>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Ian Lai in Richmond, BC. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4D9CB709133E42849F21A2436A684CFB