Ten O'Clock News; Ellsberg on Persian Gulf
President George Bush gives press conference to discuss difference between Vietnam War and Operation Desert Shield. Military Analyst Daniel Ellsberg draws parallels between the Operation and Vietnam War. Ellsberg states that end of Cold War holds the possibility of a new world order and alternatives to war for the future. Following edited story is silent clip of Ellsberg speaking at interview.
- Ten O'Clock News
Ellsberg on Persian Gulf
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Saudi Arabia
- Bush, George, 1924-
- Persian Gulf War, 1991
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Ellsberg, Daniel
- Armed Forces
- Press conferences
- News Report
- Ellsberg, Daniel (Interviewee)
- Bush, George, 1924- (Speaker)
- Hashimoto, John (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Ellsberg on Persian Gulf,” 11/30/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4D40E110E2A448DBB79ABD014FC0B0EB.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Ellsberg on Persian Gulf.” 11/30/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4D40E110E2A448DBB79ABD014FC0B0EB>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Ellsberg on Persian Gulf. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4D40E110E2A448DBB79ABD014FC0B0EB