Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series III: At Bertram’s Hotel
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Miss Marple, Series III: At Bertram’s Hotel
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
When Miss Marple stays at London's fashionable Bertram's Hotel, she enjoys the traditional decor, the impeccable service -- and the unmistakable atmosphere of danger lurking behind the highly-polished veneer. Many of her fellow guests are gathered for the reading of the will of Sir Richard Blake, the multi-millionaire who disappeared seven years previously.
Ably assisted by the hotel maid Jane and Inspector Bird, Miss Marple realizes that the truth behind Bertram's Hotel is darker than even she could have imagined -- especially when two of the staff are murdered.
At Bertram's Hotel also stars Martine McCutcheon (Love Actually), Vincent Regan (300, Troy, Inspector Lewis), Francesca Annis (Jane Eyre, Jericho, Wives and Daughters and Masterpiece Theatre's upcoming Cranford Chronicles), Polly Walker (Patriot Games, Rome) and Stephen Mangan (Lucky Jim).
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series III: At Bertram’s Hotel,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4CB9F8B338A14DD19C2F6B8A49F4F5B3.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series III: At Bertram’s Hotel.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4CB9F8B338A14DD19C2F6B8A49F4F5B3>.
- APA: Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series III: At Bertram’s Hotel. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4CB9F8B338A14DD19C2F6B8A49F4F5B3