Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Chile Peppers: Playing With Fire
Chili Peppers: Playing With Fire Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Chile Peppers: Playing With Fire
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 51 Discover the many ways in which chile peppers have set the global palate on fire. In Oaxaca, family and friends come together to make Mexico’s most patriotic dish—Chiles en Nogada. Join John “Doc” Willoughby, executive editor of Gourmet magazine, in Şanliurfa, Turkey, as he researches a story on Urfa and Maraş peppers. In Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania, meet an obsessive farmer who harvests over 100 different kinds of chiles. In the Gourmet test kitchen, Ian Knauer uses serrano chiles to make an Indian shrimp curry that mixes heat with a harmony of spices.
RECIPES Chile and Bell Pepper Frittata Indian Shrimp Curry Chiles en Nogada con Salsa de Chocolate (Stuffed Poblanos with Nut Sauce and Chocolate-Pomegranate Molasses Drizzle)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Chile Peppers: Playing With Fire,” 03/05/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C97985E5B464A159F4312D8CF0C4FC1.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Chile Peppers: Playing With Fire.” 03/05/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C97985E5B464A159F4312D8CF0C4FC1>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Chile Peppers: Playing With Fire. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C97985E5B464A159F4312D8CF0C4FC1