Ten O'Clock News; Edward King
Video and audio drop out in the beginning. Governor Ed King enters room, sits at desk. Press takes pictures. King makes a statement on the Tax Cap bill. He signs the bill, with President of the Senate William Bulger and Speaker of the House Thomas McGee at his side, and hands out the pens. He holds up the signed bill. He ends the press conference. Press packs up their gear. Thomas McGee talks to a group of people. Reporter from another station does standup off camera and then asks McGee for his statement on the bill, which WGBH camera operator also tapes. Other reporters, including WGBH's Janet Wu, taking notes.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bills, Legislative
- Bulger, William M.
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- McGee, Thomas W., 1924-2012
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006
- News Report
- Wu, Janet (Reporter)
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward King,” 05/14/1979, GBH Archives, accessed January 20, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C1AFFE0108745A795005F53BE691170.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward King.” 05/14/1979. GBH Archives. Web. January 20, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C1AFFE0108745A795005F53BE691170>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Edward King. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4C1AFFE0108745A795005F53BE691170