Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gabriela Chavarria
La Plaza WGBH Master Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Gabriela Chavarria Program 2911 Length: 26:30 Closed Captioned 4/17/07
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Gabriela Chavarria
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One.
Mexican native Gabriela Chavarría is the head of a new science center at the National Resources Defense Fund. She has testified before Congress several times on the dangers of invasive species. Chavarría discusses the critical science issues facing the nation.
NOTE: The 1XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 29XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe Program Number: 105
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gabriela Chavarria,” 04/17/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4BADFA94C9544F44978FF59AB9FC9E40.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gabriela Chavarria.” 04/17/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4BADFA94C9544F44978FF59AB9FC9E40>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gabriela Chavarria. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4BADFA94C9544F44978FF59AB9FC9E40