Arthur; Desk Wars; Desperately Seeking Stanley
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Desk Wars; Desperately Seeking Stanley
- Program Number
807; 109A; 109B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
It's the hottest school day of the year, and tempers are even hotter. To keep the peace, Mr. Ratburn moves Brain and Arthur away from their usual desks ... and sets off a chain reaction resulting in the most explosive desk war in third grade history!
Desperately Seeking Stanley
On his third birthday, Arthur's favorite present was Stanley, his teddy bear. Stanley protected Arthur when he was afraid of the dark ... and even when his new baby sister D.W. arrived. But Arthur is 8-years old now -- he doesn't need his furry friend anymore ... right?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Desk Wars; Desperately Seeking Stanley,” 10/30/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4B8F9AF6F2DF42F7938B8CF665032CFC.
- MLA: “Arthur; Desk Wars; Desperately Seeking Stanley.” 10/30/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4B8F9AF6F2DF42F7938B8CF665032CFC>.
- APA: Arthur; Desk Wars; Desperately Seeking Stanley. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4B8F9AF6F2DF42F7938B8CF665032CFC