Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A
Rodgers and Hammerstein
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Richard Rodgers Tribute, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Part II: In the second part of EVENING AT POPS' centennial salute to Richard Rodgers, stars of stage and screen join conductor Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra to pay tribute to the team of Rodgers and Hart. The cast includes Audra McDonald, Rebecca Luker, Ron Raines, Doug Sills, Mary Testa and Lillias White. A highlight of the program is the world premier of new choreography to "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue" by Mark Morris and the Mark Morris Dance Group.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A,” 06/14/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 18, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4ACA5D04C98448819667E949990ADC76.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A.” 06/14/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 18, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4ACA5D04C98448819667E949990ADC76>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Richard Rodgers Tribute, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4ACA5D04C98448819667E949990ADC76