Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Andes and the Legacy Of The Inca
The Andes SD Base Revision 001
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Peru: The Andes and the Legacy Of The Inca
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Todd English continues his journey in Peru in the high Andes Mountains where Incan magic and mystery reveals ancient food secrets. Cuzco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, are the backdrops for the culinary adventures that include samplings of chichi corn beer, deep fried duck and huacatay stuffed roasted guinea pig. After returning to Olives, his restaurant in Boston, Todd puts his culinary finds to the test in his own kitchen.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Andes and the Legacy Of The Inca,” 04/23/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4A11CFA5D47F4B37A1100EBB6E71AB2E.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Andes and the Legacy Of The Inca.” 04/23/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4A11CFA5D47F4B37A1100EBB6E71AB2E>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Peru: The Andes and the Legacy Of The Inca. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4A11CFA5D47F4B37A1100EBB6E71AB2E