Breakthrough: The Changing Face Of Science In America; Engineering From the Inside Out
Blackside / WGBH master.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Breakthrough: The Changing Face Of Science In America
- Engineering From the Inside Out
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series release date: 1996
- Program Description
Creating new materials that keep America technologically competitive... Building bridges and power sources people can rely on...Even designing amusement park rides that thrill and terrify...From Disneyland to the Navajo reservation in New Mexico to Howard University in Washington, DC, engineers of color are helping to reshape and enhance the material culture. Featured scientists: Victoria Aguilera, mechanical engineer, Ride Mechanical Engineering, Walt Disney Imagineering; Steve Grey, manager, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory field office, Navajo Community College; Hector Medina, program manager, concrete segmental bridges, Parsons Brinckerhoff Quade and Douglas, Inc,; Michael Spencer, Ph.D., Materials Science Research Center of Excellence and professor of electrical engineering, Howard University. •Episode producer: Eric Strange
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Breakthrough: The Changing Face Of Science In America; Engineering From the Inside Out,” 03/29/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_49F895343ECB4FE4A4D399A61C8353AB.
- MLA: “Breakthrough: The Changing Face Of Science In America; Engineering From the Inside Out.” 03/29/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_49F895343ECB4FE4A4D399A61C8353AB>.
- APA: Breakthrough: The Changing Face Of Science In America; Engineering From the Inside Out. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_49F895343ECB4FE4A4D399A61C8353AB