Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Take Me Out to the Fashion Show
DTO (download-to-own) Master iTunes Version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Take Me Out to the Fashion Show
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 Ruff is invited to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game, but he's scheduled that same day to be at a fancy party in Germany with his fashion-designer cousin Helga. What to do? He decides to have a walkabout character of himself designed, who will throw the pitch in his stead. When he shows up in Germany horribly dressed, Helga kicks him out of Europe. And to top everything off, the walkabout can't pitch! So, he decides to send Michael out to learn the science of throwing strikes, and Bridget, Madi and Rosario to design fancy outfits for dogs.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Take Me Out to the Fashion Show,” 06/19/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4993B927073E4540909AB77E91F3E65C.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Take Me Out to the Fashion Show.” 06/19/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4993B927073E4540909AB77E91F3E65C>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Take Me Out to the Fashion Show. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4993B927073E4540909AB77E91F3E65C