Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank on John Birch Society
Barney Frank at a press conference. He discusses the threat that the John Birch Society poses to rational politics. He quotes their opinion that America is being increasingly controlled by communism and on their attack on the genocide convention. He discusses Ray Shamie's connection to the John Birch Society, especially in the context of his campaign for the Senate, running against John Kerry. Frank mentions his relationship with Republicans and his fear of the effect far right wings groups, like the John Birch Society, are having on American politics.
- Ten O'Clock News
Barney Frank on John Birch Society
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Frank, Barney, 1940-
- Shamie, Ray, 1921-1999
- John Birch Society
- Press conferences
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- Kerry, John, 1943-
- Political campaign
- News Report
- Frank, Barney, 1940- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank on John Birch Society,” 10/11/1984, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_498CCC7F613541D0BEEC5AAA92BCCC38.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank on John Birch Society.” 10/11/1984. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_498CCC7F613541D0BEEC5AAA92BCCC38>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Barney Frank on John Birch Society. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_498CCC7F613541D0BEEC5AAA92BCCC38