Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff's Yard Sale Makes a racket
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Ruff's Yard Sale Makes a racket
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff realizes that he's a horrible shopper. (He just bought a sock at a yard sale for sixteen dollars, after talking the price UP from a quarter!) He also bought a broken tennis racquet at the same sale, which he plans on using in an upcoming match against his nemesis Spot Spotnick! Ruff sends Liza and Talia to the headquarters of Wilson Sporting Goods to design a new tennis racquet for him; and he gets some shopping tips from Bethany and Brian, as they head out to Brimfield Fair, to look for antiques at the biggest flea market in the world!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff's Yard Sale Makes a racket,” 07/07/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48D2E084D9C9499680DB779B20E0439B.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff's Yard Sale Makes a racket.” 07/07/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48D2E084D9C9499680DB779B20E0439B>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff's Yard Sale Makes a racket. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48D2E084D9C9499680DB779B20E0439B