Martha Speaks; Cora, Cora, Cora; Cora Encore
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Cora, Cora, Cora; Cora Encore
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Cora! Cora! Cora! Joe Fallon & Ken Scarborough When Helen’s family friend Kit Luntanne (Jennifer Westfeldt) comes to visit, Helen and Martha discover that she is rather upset because she’s had to leave her lovable dog, Cora, at home. Kit is an actress and unfortunately her pet is not allowed in the theater. Martha and family go to see Kit’s play, where Martha meets Ham Johnson (Jon Hamm), an actor who admires Kit and wants to impress her. Together, Martha and Ham hatch a plan to retrieve Cora from Kit’s house and bring Kit this pleasant surprise.
Vocabulary (E) admire, reunite, ambition, famous, audition
Cora Encore! Joe Fallon & Ken Scarborough Kit returns home to find that Cora is missing. Further confusion ensues when Martha, Ham and Cora get mixed up with a pack of circus dogs who all look just like Cora! Will Kit’s pooch be recovered before she gets mistakenly sent off to perform under the big top?
Vocabulary (E) actress, stash, bold, chaos, understudy
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Cora, Cora, Cora; Cora Encore,” 02/20/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48D1B60C34EA4FBFB8FD5EDD28C5F3A4.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Cora, Cora, Cora; Cora Encore.” 02/20/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48D1B60C34EA4FBFB8FD5EDD28C5F3A4>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Cora, Cora, Cora; Cora Encore. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48D1B60C34EA4FBFB8FD5EDD28C5F3A4