Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Breaking Down a Chicken
Simply Ming Jamie Bissonnette & Breaking Down a Chicken
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Breaking Down a Chicken
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
915: JAMIE BISSONNETTE & BREAKING DOWN A CHICKEN
On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming shows you one of his top techniques for a home cook to master, breaking down a chicken. “Buying a whole bird is so much cheaper than chicken parts”, says Ming. With the help of Boston Chef Jamie Bissonnette, a nose to tail specialist, Ming shows viewers how much more mileage you can get out of a whole bird. Together, these two master chefs come up with some creative ways to use chicken – like roast chicken breast with Kimchee braised wings.
Recipes: Jamie Bissonnette's Roasted Chicken Breast with Kimchee Braised Wings Braised Chicken with Curried Leeks
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Breaking Down a Chicken,” 12/05/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48B19B3DABFA4B93B8DA9D6C40E0938D.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Breaking Down a Chicken.” 12/05/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48B19B3DABFA4B93B8DA9D6C40E0938D>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Breaking Down a Chicken. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_48B19B3DABFA4B93B8DA9D6C40E0938D