Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School
White students exit South Boston High. About 25 Massachusetts uniformed state troopers board Massachusetts State Police bus. Massachusetts State Police Cruiser exits school parking lot. Jerome Wynegar (Headmaster, South Boston High School) stands in the school yard and talks to students.
- Ten O'Clock News
South Boston High School
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Busing for school integration
- Police patrol
- School buildings
- Massachusetts. Dept. of State Police
- South Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School,” 02/15/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_487545240F9D4638AC94A806E572E45A.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School.” 02/15/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_487545240F9D4638AC94A806E572E45A>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_487545240F9D4638AC94A806E572E45A