Evening at Pops; Roger Williams
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Roger Williams
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Roger Williams and the Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Mendelssohn: War March of the Priests from Athalia R. Strauss: Waltzes from Der Rosenkavalier Brahms: Hungarian Dacne No. 5 Medley: Lane: On a Clear Day Fox/Williams: Killing Me Softly Chopin/Williams: Chopin '73 Hamlisch/Williams: The Way We Were Rossini/Williams: Old time Movie Music/William Tell Academy Award Winners Medley: Loewe: Gigi Evans and Livingston: Mona Lisa Legrand: Windmills of Your Mind Kosma: Autumn Leaves Cole Porter Greats: Wunderbar; Love for Sale; I Love Paris; In the Still of the Night; Night and Day; I Get A Kick Out of You; Blow, Gabriel, Blow
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Roger Williams,” 07/25/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_478AFDED400448DBA802650682A1EBD0.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Roger Williams.” 07/25/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_478AFDED400448DBA802650682A1EBD0>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Roger Williams. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_478AFDED400448DBA802650682A1EBD0