Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 111
EE Master- No Captions
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow FYI
- Antiques Roadshow FYI 111
- Program Number
- Series Description
Fans of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW have wrestled with these weighty questions since the hit PBS series debuted eight years ago. Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2005 the producers of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW proudly present this brand-new weekly series of 26 half-hour programs, revealing the answers to What happens to the stuff after the owners leave the convention hall? ... Where can I get the best deals? ... What are the hot collectibles right now? ... What do the appraisers collect? and more!
Hosted by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's Lara Spencer with correspondent Clay Reynolds, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI is the perfect complement to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW — a digest that gives viewers tools to enrich and improve their own treasure hunts. A cross-country excursion with stops in America's top antiques shows and auctions. Candid conversations and trade secrets from ROADSHOW experts. Unsolved mysteries surrounding stolen works of art and surprising updates on treasures from past ROADSHOW episodes. Series release date: 1/19/2005
- Program Description
The owner of a rare, nineteenth-century block-printed Persian tapestry, brought to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW in Richmond, Virginia in 1998 and valued at $3,000 to $5,000, tells correspondent Clay Reynolds what the unusual textile inspired her to do. Fine arts conservator Steven Tatti shows Clay how the alchemy of science, craftsmanship and artistry can restore damaged works of art, and Clay gets a cook's tour of kitchen collectibles — including an unrivaled assortment of antique food molds — from respected authorities Marilyn and Sheila Brass. Finally, expert Noel Barrett invites viewers to join the hunt for the holy grail of mechanical banks: a rare 1873 cast iron model known as "The Old Woman in a Shoe." To date, only two complete examples are known to exist; one recently sold for $426,000!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 111,” 04/20/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47780A17294E4C7E9840E8F4253C5351.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 111.” 04/20/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47780A17294E4C7E9840E8F4253C5351>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 111. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47780A17294E4C7E9840E8F4253C5351