Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series V: In The Guise Of Death
HV Home Video Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series V: In The Guise Of Death
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
After spending some of her compensation money learning aikido at a retreat in Cornwall, Havers has been invited by Lynley's mother, Lady Asherton, to stay at the estate.
Lynley is also in Cornwall visiting his mother, but avoiding answering any questions about his relationship with Helen. When horse trainer Jim Fenner, who lives on a neighboring estate, is found hanged in his stable, the diversion delays the inevitable questioning.
The victim's money worries point to a verdict of suicide, but Lynley discovers a connection to a local smuggling racket and that Fenner had been drugged with horse anesthetic. Local copper DS Tremayne is very ambitious and hopes Lynley's help will gain him a promotion, but his enthusiasm leads to tragedy when a suspect house is set on fire.
Another lead takes Lynley and Havers into the local horse world, where they come into contact with the local aristocracy, including Lady Sarah Keach, a keen horsewoman and friend of Lynley's mother. Lynley is forced to think about where his future lies -- with the police or running his family estate? The killer may be closer to home than they imagined.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series V: In The Guise Of Death,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47131A22EBF346C2AE4D0C90A9620D03.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series V: In The Guise Of Death.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47131A22EBF346C2AE4D0C90A9620D03>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series V: In The Guise Of Death. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47131A22EBF346C2AE4D0C90A9620D03