Peep And The Big Wide World; Reflection Affection; Peep Deep in the Big Muddy
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Reflection Affection; Peep Deep in the Big Muddy
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 30 (29A/27A) REFLECTION AFFECTION HERE ARE TWO THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT MIRRORS: THEY CAN HELP YOU PRACTICE FLYING AND THEY'RE GREAT FOR SCARING CATS!
INTERSTITIAL: IT’S A SUNNY DAY AND THE KIDS FIND SOME STUFF IN THE RECYCLING BIN THAT WILL REFLECT THE SUN. INSIDE THEY FIND MORE SHINY THINGS AND PLAY SUN TAG. HAVE YOU EVER MADE YOUR OWN SHINY REFLECTIVE SUN? THE KIDS DO AND HAVE FUN MAKING THEIR REFLECTIONS DANCE AROUND THE ROOM.
PEEP DEEP IN THE BIG MUDDY ON A HOT SUMMER'S DAY, PEEP DISCOVERS A MUCKY, SLIMY, GRIMY WAY TO COOL OFF!
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS DECIDE TO HAVE A “MUD BAKERY”. WHAT KIND OF MUD WILL MAKE A GOOD BREAD DOUGH? HOW ABOUT MUD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES? THE KIDS MIX WATER AND DIRT TO MAKE DIFFERENT KINDS OF MUD.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Reflection Affection; Peep Deep in the Big Muddy,” 10/19/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47036FAD56CE41A88F0AA5AC8A310D44.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Reflection Affection; Peep Deep in the Big Muddy.” 10/19/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47036FAD56CE41A88F0AA5AC8A310D44>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Reflection Affection; Peep Deep in the Big Muddy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_47036FAD56CE41A88F0AA5AC8A310D44