Martha Speaks; Dogs in Space; Dogs from Space
Martha Speaks MSPE 210 (slated 209) (dub) PBS
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Dogs in Space; Dogs from Space
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Dogs in Space
Mrs. Clusky asks the class to present projects on the solar system, but T.D. finds himself distracted by comic books. Can he save the Planet of the Dogs from evil space cats and still get his homework in on time? Vocabulary
(E) planet, star, solar system, constellation, orbit
(I) sun, moon, earth, space, spaceship
Dogs from Space
Inspired by T.D.'s comic about the Planet of the Dogs, Martha has a dream about what life would be like as an alien space dog. Vocabulary
(E) universe, extraterrestrial, astronomy, astronaut, asteroid, invasion, humane
(I) alien, world, creature
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Dogs in Space; Dogs from Space,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4700B08AFE79482EAFA46191A12B66A2.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Dogs in Space; Dogs from Space.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4700B08AFE79482EAFA46191A12B66A2>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Dogs in Space; Dogs from Space. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4700B08AFE79482EAFA46191A12B66A2