Ten O'Clock News; Jesse Jackson at Kennedy School
Christy George reports that Jesse Jackson spoke about leadership in a speech at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. George reports that Jackson is very active in this non-election year. George's report includes footage of Jackson walking a picket line with striking Eastern Airline employees and footage of Jackson visiting an Armenian earthquake zone. George talks about Jackson's activities since the 1988 election. George's report also features footage from Jackson's speech at Harvard. Jackson talks about voter cynicism in the 1988 election and the qualities of a good leader. Jackson says that the US must invest in itself in order to flourish. He explains a metaphorical term: "honeybee sense." George's report also includes footage from Jackson's 1988 presidential campaign. This edition of the Ten O'Clock News also included the following item: Lee Atwater visits Massachusetts for a Republican Party fundraiser
- Ten O'Clock News
Jesse Jackson at Kennedy School
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bush, George, 1924-
- Havard University
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1988
- Political campaigns
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- African American politicians
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941-
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- News Report
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941- (Speaker)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Jesse Jackson at Kennedy School,” 04/25/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_46AE040FE78242D09A10939E78067F02.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Jesse Jackson at Kennedy School.” 04/25/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_46AE040FE78242D09A10939E78067F02>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Jesse Jackson at Kennedy School. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_46AE040FE78242D09A10939E78067F02