Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Potting Station
APT Master Outdoor potting station with Al D’Annasio and road trip to the Massachusetts Horticultural Society with guest David Fiske
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Potting Station
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Potting Station – Episode 13
The final project in season two of Rough Cut is a Potting Station, perfect for any outdoor gardening space. To gather inspiration for the project, Tommy heads on a Rough Cut Road Trip to the Massachusetts Horticultural Association in Wellesley, Massachusetts, where gardens curator David Fiske shows Tommy what is needed for the perfect potting station. Back in the shop, Tommy is joined by friend and fellow woodworker Al D’Attanasio.
Resources: Table Saw Drill Measuring Tape
Field Trip: Massachusetts Horticultural Society at Elm Bank, Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Potting Station,” 11/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_465EC23E5C31474EAB67FBF64B57831E.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Potting Station.” 11/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_465EC23E5C31474EAB67FBF64B57831E>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Potting Station. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_465EC23E5C31474EAB67FBF64B57831E