Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Lucille Clifton
Part of New Television Workshop.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks II, Lucille Clifton
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Lucille Clifton introduces and reads her poems. The following poems were edited for broadcast and general distribution, and appear on the master tapes with and without "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: “The Lesson of Falling Leaves” "Spring Song" "let there be new flowering in the fields..." “The Lost Baby Poem” “This Morning” “Turning” “Homage to My Hips” “In the inner city...” "In My Thirty-Eighth Year"
Multiple takes of these poems appear on the source tapes of original footage, along with Clifton's answers to the following questions: What is poetry to you? Where do your ideas come from? What’s a poet’s life like? Selected answers were incorporated into the schools and libraries version.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Poetry reading
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Clifton, Lucille, 1936-2010 ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Lucille Clifton,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 23, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_458D23A6AD834237BFAC81B47D4FC5AF.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Lucille Clifton.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 23, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_458D23A6AD834237BFAC81B47D4FC5AF>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Lucille Clifton. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_458D23A6AD834237BFAC81B47D4FC5AF