La Plaza; La Plaza in Studio B: Bilingual Education
LP Program 1910: La Plaza in Studio B: Bilingual Education
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- La Plaza in Studio B: Bilingual Education
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
This series focuses on the Latino community, culture, and issues. See also VISTAS.
La Plaza continues its studio series exploring the most pressing issues affecting Latino life in Massachusetts today: Program #1 Access to Health Care Program #2 Welfare Reform Program #3 Bilingual Education Program #4 Education Reform Program #5 Latino Entrepreneurs
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; La Plaza in Studio B: Bilingual Education,” 01/11/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_457084173908422BBBE86730C87874F6.
- MLA: “La Plaza; La Plaza in Studio B: Bilingual Education.” 01/11/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_457084173908422BBBE86730C87874F6>.
- APA: La Plaza; La Plaza in Studio B: Bilingual Education. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_457084173908422BBBE86730C87874F6