Ten O'Clock News; Ed Logue on walking tour
Former Boston Redevelopment Authority director Ed Logue tours and comments on development downtown and in Charlestown and Cambridge. He talks about housing prices, the vitality of different neighborhoods, and urban design. He decries prominent glass towers as insensitive to surrounding historical buildings. International Place, Exchange Place, Rowes Wharf, waterfront, Athenaeum. Audio goes out at the very end.
- Ten O'Clock News
Ed Logue on walking tour
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston Redevelopment Authority
- Logue, Edward J.
- Urban policy
- City planning
- Urban renewal
- Boston (Mass.)
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- Charlestown (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Logue, Edward J. (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Ed Logue on walking tour,” 12/26/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4522E7E9F5714542B1AD5D4B15399ABA.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Ed Logue on walking tour.” 12/26/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4522E7E9F5714542B1AD5D4B15399ABA>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Ed Logue on walking tour. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4522E7E9F5714542B1AD5D4B15399ABA